Keeping safe using the internet
- Never say unkind things about people that can be used to bully you eg commenting on FaceBook.
- Never give out personal information about yourself, such as your full name, address or telephone number. You don’t have to use your real name, you could use a nick name instead.
- Never send a photograph or let someone watch you without your parents’ permission such as Skype.
- Never respond to someone who scares you or makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Never agree to meet someone or visit someone you don’t know except online.
- If someone scares you by asking you for information, a photograph or to meet you - TELL A GROWN UP IMMEDIATELY!
Remember….If you don’t know- don’t go
- Sometimes grown up men and women make up an online profile using a child’s photograph, name and age.
- These adults intend to harm you and to trick you.
- They will have already thought of clever ways to trick you into being their friend.
- If this happens tell your parents immediately.