We believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us
At East-the-Water Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
Equality in Teaching and learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society.
- Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, population and local community without stereotyping.
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice.
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures.
- Seeking to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education.
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils.
The school has a full and separate Equality Policy on our Policies & Procedures page.Equality Objectives 2022-2024 Reviewed Equality Objectives 2021